Today we are releasing a new version of CakeMail we’ve put a lot of love into – version 3.5. This version is the last major 3.x release we’ll make available this year. Of course we will keep on releasing minor versions to fix bugs – even though we never create bugs in our code base 🙂
The focus of this release has been to make a new user’s initial product experience fantastic, as well as simplifying the flow of information on the campaign reports. Here is a short description of what’s new:
- a new welcome tab and some additional goodies to welcome users
- a completely redesigned campaign report page
- a way to disable the advanced editing mode in the campaign editor (HTML and WYSIWYG) right from the template source code
- a way for resellers to disable the Settings tab and the Edit profile link in the user interface of their customers
- a more secure SSO
- optional disabling of the default sign-in page provided by CakeMail for SSO users
- a better printed stats report, keyboard shortcuts, and bug fixes.
Current customers will need to upgrade to version 3.5 by January 15, 2013, and for 3.3 users we’ll be automatically extending the upgrade deadline for version 3.4 to this date as well. 3.3 users will want to keep in mind that they will be upgraded to 3.5 directly at the deadline date rather than 3.4.
If you want to read more about new features in CakeMail, visit the CakeMail Releases for a feature overview, or view other blog posts in the new CakeMail Blog. Like what you see and need an email marketing solution for your agency? Sign up for free today!