People don’t actively seek out email lists to join. They need to be presented with an opportunity and a reason to sign-up.
Every time someone interacts with your business, you have the opportunity to ask them to sign up to your mailing list. Here are a few tips on where you can ask people to sign up for your newsletters when they “visit” you online:
The most obvious example is when they’re visiting your website. The best results come when you place a form (or a link to it) on every page of your site; top right hand corner and pop ups tend to work best.
Other occasions to ask people to sign up to receive your newsletters include:
- Your social media pages
- Hint about the upcoming topics highlighted on your next newsletter
- Post links to your signup form on your profile
- Post links to previous newsletters
- When people register (to receive updates about event, confirmation emails)
- At the end of the webinar, to receive the current presentation or to be made aware of future similar events
- When hosting contests (provide a clear section for people to sign up to your newsletters, and keep it separate from signing up for the contest)
- Your blog
- At the checkout process after an e-commerce purchase – make sure to use a checkbox that specifically requests permission to send marketing emails.
We’ll be happy to chat with you if you want a bit of help about it!