Six approaches for future-proof email marketing
Once again, Mark Brownlow makes a good interesting piece on the best things to focus on while creating email marketing. Read the whole article to get all the useful links!
- Understand the true meaning of value: avoid one-way value, don’t overestimate value, don’t misunderstand value : the value that count is the value for the recipient, not yours.
- Be willing to tweak and change:Each new email is an opportunity to test a tweak, and each tweak can have a surprisingly positive impact.
* Subject line tests that double open rates over time
* Changes in link wording that produce over 50% more clicks
* From line tests that pull in over 20% more clicks
* Link format tests (button vs text) that increase clicks 67%
- Respect the basics
- Be unique: Valuable content and offers, permission, creative design, relevancy, timing, personalization, customization etc. are important factors that can take your email marketing amplifier all the way up to 10. What takes it up to 11?
- Use common sense
- Dig deeper in the numbers
Email Research: The 5 best email variables to test
Marketing Sherpa has done research with marketers asking them what are the best things for email marketers to test (and do they test them?)
- Target audience: 42% of email marketers believe testing the target audience is very effective (but only 30% are doing it…)
- Landing page: 41% declare testing it is very effective
- Subject line: by far the most tested variable (72%) but declared very effective by 35%
- Call-to-action: very near with 34%
- Personalization: also near with 32% of marketers believe testing it is very effective