Please note that a new WordPress plugin for CakeMail is available as of December 10, 2013.
This post is all about WordPress plugins. We’ve included a quick primer on how to use WP SuperMailer to help build your contact lists below, along with a link to more details. Feel free to get in touch with our support team to ask a question.
If you’re using CakeMail as well as using WordPress for your blog or website, you can easily add a subscription form for one of your contact lists using the WP SuperMailer plugin (built by the nice folks at Stresslimit Design).
- WordPress Version: 3.0 or higher
- PHP mcrypt extension installed on your server
- A CakeMail account (create one here)
- An Interface ID and Key (request one here)
The WordPress plugin installs just as with any other plugin:
- Download and extract wp-supermailer.zip from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-mailer/
- Upload the wp-supermailer folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the WP SuperMailer through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Once that’s finished, navigate to Settings > WP Super Mailer.
- Select “CakeMail”, then Save Changes
- Enter your CakeMail email address, password, interface key and interface id, then Save Changes