An auto-responder is an automated email campaign that is sent based on a one-time event like subscribing to a list or based on a date in your contact list.
- Sign Up Date – Auto-Responders based on a sign up date will be sent to any subscribers that subscribe to the list. You can schedule a trigger after the sign up occurs, but keep in mind
- Annual Date – An annual date auto-responder is one which is to be sent every year – like a Birthday, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
- Specific Date – A specific auto-responder is one that is sent on a specific date – only once, not recurring every year. (available only after you have created your own date field – the more date fields you have, the more options will be available.) *
To create your auto-responder, go to your Campaigns tab and click on Create a Campaign on the left hand side. Select Auto-Responder from the options available.
If you have defined a date field for your list in addition to “sign up date” you can schedule an auto-responder as defined by a specific date field created on your list (for example, a birthday).
TO SCHEDULE YOUR AUTO-RESPONDER BASED ON A SPECIFIC DATE
- Begin by creating a data field
- Under your Contact List tab access your list and click on Manage List Structure on the left hand menu
- Click on the Add New Field button on the left hand side
- Name your field (in this case, “Birthday”) and select a Type
If you’re adding this field to an existing list, you’ll need to get Birthday dates from subscribers, or, if you already have people’s birthdates (because they’ve given them to you), you can add them to the existing subscriber data. If this is a brand new list, you can include a “Birthday” field on your sign-up form.
Note: If you add subscribers to a list that already has an auto-responder scheduled, all new and old subscribers will receive the email.
You can also suspend the sending of your auto-responder if it no longer applies to your recipients. This action will also allow you to resume the delivery at a later time.