Install the Plugin
- Download the plugin from: http://wordpress.org/plugins/cakemail-subscription-form/
- Login to your WordPress administration console.
- Go under Plugins – Add New: !image
- Using the Choose File option, find the plugin you downloaded and press Install Now
- Click the Activate Plugin text link
- Under Appearance – Widgets you can now see CakeMail as a widget option.
- Drag the widget in the area you want (sidebar/ footer)
- Enter your CakeMail account details and click Save
Configure the widget
NOTE: The widget will automatically pull information from your website in regards to colour and font.
- Title: Add a descriptive title that would incite people to sign up, and tells them what the Newsletter is about
- Description: A short blurb that gives people additional information about the Newsletter, or asks them nicely to sign up
- Confirmation message: The message that appears after people click the button. If you have a double opt-in list (the default setting for CakeMail accounts), make sure to ask them to check their emails so they can click on the Activation link.
- Subscribe button text: The message that shows on the button. Keep it short! “Sign me up!” or “Subscribe” are good options.
- If you have multiple lists in your account, you can choose one from the drop-down menu.You can also add the text you want displayed for the fields.
- NOTE: The fields FavoriteCupcake and firstname are personalized fields that are managed from your account.
You can have the field names placed above the text boxes if you check the Place title above field
Or you can have the field name as a prompt in the text boxes if you leave Place title above field unchecked.