Power and Authority
We restrict access of the Services to registered users.
You must be 18 years or older (or age of majority in your country of residence) to use the Services.
You must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself (Organization and/or individual, as the case may be), including but not limited to a valid email address (collectively, your “Account Information”). You agree to update your Account Information as necessary to keep it accurate. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information (including passwords) and for restricting access to your hardware device while using the Services. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Login and Passwords
Your login may only be used by yourself. Sharing a login with other people is not permitted. An Organization may create separate logins for as many individual users as it wishes. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account login and passwords.
Only one free account per Organization is permitted.
For all accounts, we reserve the right to delete all user activity older than 90 days, after which only aggregate activity will be available to you
Payments and Refunds
Credit Card Payment
Payment for Services will be made by a valid credit card accepted by us, unless other payment arrangements have been made. You hereby authorize us to charge your credit card for such amounts according to our pricing terms.
All Services fees paid are non-refundable, unless an account is terminated by us without cause, in which case, a refund may be granted on a pro-rata portion of your prepayment.
We will charge a reactivation fee to reactivate an account that has been deactivated due to non-payment.
API Terms; Specific Terms
We reserve the right to throttle API requests;
Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. We, at our sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. We will make a reasonable attempt via email to warn the account owner prior to suspension; and
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the API (or any part thereof) at any time with or without notice.
Content; Intellectual Property
All of your Content must comply with Canadian, U.S. and your local copyright and other intellectual property or other laws. You must only use images and text you are entitled to use. We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide through the Services. Your Content materials remain yours.
Our Content and Software
All content displayed by us as well as all the software (including any source code) used in connection with the Services are our exclusive property or the property of third parties and is protected by copyright laws.
Our company or other third party names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks, trademarks and slogans that our displayed on or through the Services or used in connection with the Services, are our sole property or the property of our affiliates or licensors (collectively, “Marks”). You are not authorized to use any of the Marks in any advertising, publicity or any other commercial manner without our prior written consent.
Nothing appearing on or through the Services will be construed as granting you any license, right, title or interest relating to the Marks or other intellectual property used in connection with the Services (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) and the Intellectual Property remains our exclusive property or the property of its owners. Except as stated herein, you agree not to display, copy, reproduce, use or distribute any Intellectual Property without our prior written consent. Also, you cannot mirror any material contained on the Services or made available through the Services.
Reservation of Rights
You shall not (i) permit any third party to access the Services except as permitted herein, (ii) create derivate works based on the Services, (iii) copy, frame or mirror any part or content of the Services, other than copying or framing on your own intranets or otherwise for your own internal business purposes, (iv) reverse engineer the Services, or (v) access the Services in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, or (b) copy any features, functions or graphics of the Services.
We shall own all right, title and interest in and to any suggestions, requests or recommendations for improvements or enhancement to the Services or other feedback provided by you relating to the operation of the Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You hereby irrevocably assign all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback to us and waive all your moral rights in the Feedback.
You acknowledge that: (i) the provision of Services may be suspended for the duration of any unanticipated or unscheduled downtime or unavailability of any portion or all of the Services for any reason, including as a result of power outages, system failures or other interruptions; and (ii) we are entitled, without any liability to you, to suspend access to any portion or all of the Services at any time (a) for scheduled downtime to permit us to conduct maintenance or make modifications to the Services; (b) in the event of a denial of service attack or other attack on the Services or other event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that a risk to the Services, to you or to any of our other users may be created if the Services were not suspended; or (c) in the event that we determine that any Service is prohibited by law or we otherwise determine that it is necessary or prudent to do so for legal or regulatory reasons (collectively, “Service Interruptions”).
We shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any Service Interruption.
Notice of Interruption
To the extent we are able, we will endeavor to post updates on our website on this page, regarding any Service Interruption and resumption of service following any such suspension, but shall have no liability for the manner in which we may do so or if we fail to do so.
Prohibited Acts and Services
Use automated tools to operate the Services (scripts, etc.);
Use the Services to store Social Security Numbers, passwords, security credentials or sensitive personal information;
Host images and files on our servers other than those intended for use in your email campaigns;
Use the Service to design an email campaign and send it through another means; or
We do not allow Organizations that offer the following types of services, products, or content, to use our Services:
Pornography, nudity, escorts or anything sexually explicit
Illegal goods or services
Work from home opportunities
Credit repair, Mortgages and/or Loans
List brokers or List rental services
Any other Content that we deem inappropriate
Any misuse of the Services may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org
We endeavour to use reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to your account and Account Information, and to any data which may be stored by us. We cannot, however, guarantee absolute security of your account or the personal information we collect, and we cannot promise that our security measures will prevent third-party “attackers” from illegally accessing the Services or their content. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND you accept all risks of unauthorized access to the Services, your Account Information and any other information you provide to us or through the Services. We will not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your account and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, distributors, agents, partners, licensors, information providers and account providers (COLLECTIVELY, “REPRESENTATIVES”), as applicable, for any improper, unauthorized or illegal uses of your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your account, or any other breach of security at email@example.com For the purposes of this Section “Disclaimer” and Section “Limitation of Liability; Indemnity”, “we” or “us” means CakeMail and our Representatives.
“As is” Basis
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. THE USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY RELIANCE BY YOU UPON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY ACTION TAKEN BY YOU BECAUSE OF SUCH USE OR RELIANCE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND WE DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES (I) THAT THE SERVICES ARE OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR (II) AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES. IN PARTICULAR, EMAIL DELIVERY TO THE RECIPIENT INBOX IS NOT GUARANTEED. WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE, WE MAY MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY ASPECT OR FEATURE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. IF WE ELECT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY PART OF OR ALL OF THE SERVICES, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
The sole and exclusive remedy for any failure or NONPERFORMANCE of the Services shall be for US to use commercially reasonable efforts to adjust or repair ANY PORTION OF THE Services THAT CAUSED ANY SUCH FAILURE OR NONPERFORMANCE.
Limitation of Liability; Indemnity
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, DELICT, QUASI-DELICT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, SHALL WE OR ANY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE MONETARY PENALTIES OR OTHER PENALTIES OR DAMAGES UNDER ANTI-SPAM LEGISLATION, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) YOUR USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, (II) THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF ANY PART OF OR ALL THE SERVICES, OR (III) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANTI-SPAM LAWS AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, WE ARE FOUND LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS OF SERVICE PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY.
Rescisão da sua Conta
- Conta. Para os fins da Seção “Rescisão de sua conta”, “Conta” inclui, no caso de uma Organização, a conta dessa Organização e todas as contas de usuários dos Serviços que atuam em nome dessa empresa, como funcionários e consultores.
- Rescisão feita por Você ou por Nós. Sua conta será automaticamente rescindida no final do seu período pré-pago, se você nos pedir para parar de fornecer o Serviço (você deve nos enviar um aviso com pelo menos sete dias de antecedência). Nos reservamos o direito de modificar ou descontinuar, temporariamente ou permanentemente, todos ou parte dos Serviços, a qualquer momento, com ou sem aviso prévio, sem qualquer responsabilidade.
- Rescisão por Violação. Nós podemos suspender sua conta imediatamente no caso de qualquer violação feita por você (incluindo, se você é uma Organização, alguém agindo em seu nome como empregado ou consultor) dos Termos de Uso, incluindo a Política de Privacidade e a Política Anti-Spam. Especificamente, a conta será suspensa por uso ou intenção maliciosa, ou qualquer utilização do software de forma distinta dos propósitos para os quais foi concebido ou destinado a ser usado. Iremos enviar a você uma notificação por email sobre a suspensão da sua conta. Se o descumprimento não for sanado no prazo de 72 horas após a notificação de suspensão, poderemos, a nosso exclusivo critério, rescindir imediatamente a sua conta, sem incorrer em qualquer responsabilidade. Se sua conta for cancelada por violação, nenhum reembolso será devido.
- Ausência de Responsabilidade. Nós não teremos nenhuma responsabilidade para com você ou qualquer terceira parte pelo encerramento da sua conta.
- Conseqüências da Rescisão. Todo seu conteúdo e dados usados para conexão aos Serviços (coletivamente, “Conteúdo”) serão imediatamente apagados de nossos servidores após o encerramento da sua conta. Essas informações não podem ser recuperados uma vez que sua conta estiver encerrada.
- Conta inativa. Se você não se conectar a sua conta gratuita por mais de seis meses, nos reservamos o direito de, ao nosso exclusivo critério, classificar a conta como inativa e encerrá-la.
- Sobrevida. Todas as disposições dos Termos de Uso que, pela sua natureza devam sobreviver ao término ou rescisão de sua conta, devem continuar válidas e ativas, incluindo, sem limitação, todas as disposições de propriedade, isenções de garantia, limitações de responsabilidade e indenização obrigações contidas nos Termos de Uso.
- Autonomia. Se qualquer disposição dos Termos de Uso for considerada inexequível ou inválida, tal cláusula será eliminada ou limitada ao mínimo. Esta medida é necessária para que os Termos de Uso permaneçam em pleno vigor e seus efeito aplicáveis.
- Acordo Integral. Você concorda (i) que os Termos de Uso são a completa e exclusiva declaração do mutual entendimento entre você e a Cakemail e se sobrepõem e cancela qualquer acordo escrito ou oral, comunicações e outros entendimentos relativos ao assunto em questão, (ii) que todas as dispensas e alterações devem ser por escrito e assinadas por ambas as partes, salvo disposição em contrário nele previsto. Nenhum atraso ou omissão por qualquer das partes no exercício de qualquer direito, ou recurso sob os Termos de Uso ou existentes em lei ou equidade será considerada uma renúncia de tal direito ou prerrogativa.
- Não atuação. Nenhuma cooperação, parceria, sociedade, ou o emprego é criado como resultado destes Termos de Uso, e você não tem qualquer autoridade de qualquer tipo para nos ligar em qualquer aspecto que seja.
- Subcontrato. Podemos subcontratar, sem a necessidade de obter o seu consentimento, ou qualquer parte da prestação de serviço e nossas obrigações sob os Termos de Uso.
- Jurisdição. Os Termos de Uso devem ser lidos e interpretados de acordo com as leis da província do Quebec, Canadá, aplicáveis aos acordos feitos e realizáveis dentro da província do Québec, Canadá, excluindo quaisquer regras de direito internacional privado ou o conflito de leis que levaria à aplicação de quaisquer outras leis. Independente de onde você acesse ou use os Serviços, você concorda que qualquer ação de direito ou de equidade decorrente ou relacionada aos Termos de Uso ou seu uso dos Serviços devem ser apresentados e julgados apenas no Tribunais Federais ou Estaduais localizados na província de Québec, Canadá (distrito de Montreal), e você, através do presente, de forma irrevogável e incondicional consente a exclusividade de jurisdição sob qualquer processo ou ação decorrente dos Termos de uso ou seu acesso ou utilização dos Serviços.
- Idioma. Por meio deste, as partes reconhecem expressamente que estes Termos de Uso, Política de Privacidade e Política Anti-Spam foram redigidos originalmente em língua inglesa.
- Versão prevalecente. No caso de haver muitas versões dos Termos de Uso em idiomas diferentes, você está de acordo que a versão em língua inglesa dos Termos de Uso será a versão de controle.