Any marketer can relate to the silence of promising conversions, as losing the chances of generating new business leads can be frustrating. Reasons for these tough times can vary largely from one business to another. For instance, some businesses have to limit their operations due to COVID restrictions, while others have completely lost connection with their customers–be it a gym, restaurant, hotel, or other business.
Sometimes reconnecting with your leads after a long silence can feel a little cumbersome, regardless of what or who’s responsible. There are times when you feel like chasing the wrong person, but that doesn’t mean you should stop trying. It means your interaction timing may not always be best to grow your business.
We know how hard it is to ensure your leads follow up properly to do business with you. And you will lose the opportunity to land a deal if you don’t do anything about that gap between you and your potential lead. A few proven tactics like email marketing can strike up a sales conversation and allow you to rebuild healthy customer-business relationships, no matter how long it has been since you last spoke with your contacts.
Pique them with valuable offerings
Stop wasting valuable time and space showcasing what went wrong and why the conversation went silent. Instead, you should offer something that will entice the person back to your business, whether it’s a new addition to your core offerings or the latest statistics that your potential lead would care about. Or something your company shared that would motivate and encourage the other person to consider your business once again.
It’s a real deal-breaker when you focus on yourself rather than the other person’s business.
Your words define who you are and how you stand strong in the market. So, you better address the problem by providing an effective solution that your connection would care about. For instance, you can craft special menus, promo codes, no-brainer offers, etc., to encourage the other person to revisit your restaurant and maybe order online.
Update and announce important changes
Almost everybody in the business sector is trying to climb that corporate ladder. If you are changing your professional life, then it is better to re-engage with your older clients who are satisfied with your products and services and let them know about your new position or job title and location. Your happy customers would love to continue doing business even in your new job or position. Remember, only loyal and happy customers will pave the way to your successful journey.
And it is okay when you’re not able to revive the old relationships with some of your clients. You can land more clients with your intuitive email marketing campaign. For instance, you own a gym and spa and restart your operations once COVID restrictions are eased.
Using emails is a great way to inform your existing and new clients that your company is bringing new changes or adding more services to get them in the best shape of their lives.
Remember to address your customers’ pain points and provide solutions for the same with your core offerings.
Share something to care about
Striking a conversation should be related to something that the other person cares about. It can be correlated with your company’s offerings, like new product launches, which is fine as it would be relevant to your potential lead. Not only will it entice the person to know more about your new offerings, but it also gets them motivated to try them out.
However, if you don’t have anything new to offer, you should come up with new advice or insight that would target their pain points and offer an exciting solution to ease the pain. Don’t keep the conversation held on your business. It’s like providing a personal touch to every message curated for a potential deal.
It shows you care about your valuable leads and are working to address every pain point that falls within the vicinity of the company’s operation.
Remind them about your offerings
Sometimes people get so busy in their lives that they forget about your business’s core offerings. Sending an email about your latest and current offering is a great way to widen your clients’ base using your old contacts. Besides sending information, the email also helps in enhancing brand awareness and converting more visitors.
A strategic email marketing campaign will drive more visitors to your sites and encourage them to try out your products and services. While older clients, they can generate more business for your company. So, never leave your old clients, in the limits of the permissions you have. After all, they are one of the reasons why your brand got so much recognition.
Convey your sincere apology
Okay, admit it. It was your fault for letting the conversation go quiet, and conveying your sincere apology is the best way to repair it. Sometimes the clients you deal with are sensitive or frustrated from the quiet conversations, as they are not getting the attention they used to before you last spoke. So, it’s the right time to convey your heartfelt apology and keep it simple.
There is so much you can do to gain the business of your potential customer when you decide to set aside the fear of rejection or embarrassment and get in touch with them. Nothing is permanent, clients will come and go at different companies, bring changes into the budget, and sometimes a customer relationship is hard to repair with a single email. But remember, if you are failing, that’s a good sign and is way better than doing absolutely nothing about it. After all, you never know what can lead to something better. So, keep failing better and better.
Now that you know how to structure your message and make it valuable for your potential deals. So, it’s time for you to use email lists to invite your customers to come back.
How to use email marketing to convert potentially “dead” deals?
Email is an undisputed marketing tool that helps in maintaining healthy customer relationships. Sending out an email to get in touch with your previous clients may help generate more business leads, strengthen positive customer-business relations, and keep your clients up-to-date with the latest offerings and information regarding your products and services. So, it’s never too late or early to understand how and when you can use this marketing tool to generate business and leads for your client.
We have shared a step-by-step guide that will help you start your email marketing campaign and let you reconnect with your old clients. However, the method and content you use to reconnect with your old clients may vary, depending upon the reasons for choosing email marketing tools. So, here’s a list of email marketing methods you can use to reconnect with your potential leads.
Offer valuable resources
That being said, you rise when you lift others up. Likewise, providing valuable resources, tools, or helpful advices to your old clients can be a great way to encourage them to consider your business once again. Remember everything needs to be thoughtful and genuine to gain the trust and support of your previous clients. You can provide resources like personal recommendations, reading materials, links, or any valuable resources that will help your customers while supporting business operations.
One of the best things about this method is that you get an opportunity to transit from general to business-related matters and enable you to present an irresistible offer that your customer can’t deny. However, you have to put a lot of thought into making a no-brainer offer that would flatter your client and motivate them to engage with your products and services offered by your company.
For instance, you can provide a special promo code that they can use whenever they pay a visit to your restaurant or invite them to shows and venues where you introduce new products and services to the market and get their genuine opinion about your company.
Address a pain point with an effective solution
One of the successful email marketing campaigns provides an effective solution for their clients’ pain points. You can create a solution with your unique offerings and skills and how they can ease down the genuine problems of your customers. When crafting the content of your email, make sure you follow the techniques mentioned below to represent your core offerings into a creative solution.
- Highlight the advantages of your core offerings.
- Develop a solution to address the issues.
- Focus on mentioning the desired results.
- Describe why this issue needs to be addressed.
Normalizing connection at a personal level
Another great thing you can do through email is reconnect with your clients on a personal level. Not only will it allow you to strike up a new conversation, but it also encourages them to engage with your email. Use segments in your list to group clients by interest, types or actions to make sure the content you send is as relevant as possible.
Remember, it should sound genuine and thoughtful to let them know you care about their personal growth and happiness. This is a great opportunity that you can use to slip in your business discussion and allow them to consider your generous offer. So, be strong and thoughtful with your words so that you stand out and motivate them to consider your business.
Demonstrate your new offerings and skills
If you want your clients to engage with your products and services, then you need to demonstrate the list of new offerings, skills, or accomplishments in the entire structure of your email. Remember to consider promotions, partnerships, advanced training, or successful projects you’ve recently worked on and add them to your email.
This method will impress your old client to reconsider your business and encourage them to try out new offerings. We know how challenging it is to fill that gap of clients’ needs that varies from one to another. That’s why understanding the client’s needs has been a major part of your email marketing. If you can’t solve your clients’ issues, then there is nothing that you can do to acquire their business.
Ask like-minded questions
Another effective way to ignite the responsiveness of your client is to ask like-minded questions. You can consider including a question at the starting or end of your email to encourage your old clients to engage further and respond to your email. So, here’s a list of questions that you can consider in your email.
- Is there anything else I can help you with?
- What are your business objectives for this year?
- How effective is your current offering?
- How’s business?
- What are you excited about this year?
Getting a response to these questions can provide you with valuable insights that you can use to manage and adjust your core offerings according to the customer’s needs. Besides fulfilling old clients’ needs, it may also help you make an informed decision regarding how to step forward with your correspondence.
Embed a survey in your email to gather the more precise and useful information.
Tips to execute your email marketing operations!
If you aren’t clear about setting up and building your brand voice through email operations once the standard business operations resume, you should start thinking now. We know how aggravating it is to send out cold emails and get nothing.
That’s why it is vital for you to strategically master your email content and target your audience on a personal level. It will encourage them to relate their problems and get them enticed about using your products and services. So, here are some tips to consider while writing your email marketing content.
- Be genuine and thoughtful with your words while keeping in mind what your competitors are up to. That way, you can stand out when presenting your unique products and services to your potential deals and provide them a solution to their pain points.
- Don’t focus on making big changes to the frequency, volume, content, or creativity of your offerings. Introducing small changes over time can help you grow as you test different ways to generate leads. Drastic changes can sometimes lead to unsuccessful leads and profitable sales to go silent. So, it’s better to make small changes and evolve how your business works around different environments.
- Track your signals and deliverables. Learn how your customers respond to your deliverables and evaluate their experience to bring changes to your offerings. Besides ISP’s responses, you should also track how emails resonate with your loyal and non-active clients. That way, you can differentiate the offers to match the needs of every individual out there.
- Successful email marketing is based on a specific audience. As said, if you sell to everyone, you sell to none. Likewise, you should understand the dynamics of your business and define your targeted audience. Sending emails to your ultimate audience is way better than sending cold emails to tons of users out there.
- If your email marketing goal is to gain maximum retention of customers, then you should not forget to consider the acquisition to benefit in the long run. Conducting a thorough research of the market will help you set realistic goals and what you want from your email marketing campaign. It can be generating new leads, calling out old clients, gathering responses of happy customers, and a lot more.
- Don’t forget to measure your results and be realistic about them. It will help you strategize your future email marketing by introducing the required changes to get desired results.
When we all came to our senses associated with what we were dealing with during Covid-19, it was pretty straightforward to lay down and not convey any message or offer, as it would be useless considering every business operation was shut down.
When things started to shift, and businesses began to resume their day-to-day function after the pandemic. It became necessary for every business owner to present their point-of-view about the situation and engage their customers to consider their offerings again in a safe and responsible environment.
Likewise, you are paving the way for your customers through email marketing. So, you should keep an eye on your operations and marketing campaigns to see how people are engaging (or not) with your business and follow up the procedure accordingly.
A consistent, disciplined, and data-driven approach can help you achieve your goals while dealing with tough times.
Permissions/regulations to use “old contact lists”
Sending emails to people who have given their consent to receive messages from your business is more relevant than messaging someone from your old contact lists is not always the best option. If you keep on adding people to your mailing list without having their actual consent through a clear sign-up process, it’s no wonder many recipients red flag your business emails as spam, as they won’t remember signing up for your emails.
Remember, complaints are among the major factors that can tarnish your reputation in a single marketing campaign. So, it’s better to avoid anything that can trigger recipients to report you as spam. If you are a Canada-based company or want to send your emails to recipients in Canada, then you should know about Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and policies pertinent to your country.
CASL offers a simple way for marketers in Canada (and those promoting their business to Canada) to market e-commerce while minimizing the chances of identity theft, phishing, malware/spyware, and spam. People promoting their business in Canada should conform to their own region/country regulations to avoid being sued or complaints from the recipients.
If blacklisted for sending spam, your hosting provider can terminate your account. That means you could lose your email, website, and hosting services. So, here’s what you need to do.
Key rules to remember
- Update your list – Before sending out a campaign, you need to reconfirm your mailing list and weed out people who no longer want to receive your messages. It should include people with whom you last spoke in the last 6 months.
- Get permission – Recipients should consent through a legit and clear sign-up process for receiving your emails. You should never purchase or rent contact lists, as it can reduce the credibility of your business and affect your overall reputation.
- Link to unsubscribe – It is necessary to present an unsubscribe button and respect recipients’ decision to opt out by removing their email from the contact list.
Best practices to gain permission
- Ask your recipients to “safe list” you – You can encourage readers to list your emails as a safe sender or add you to their contact list. Remember, words can change according to email content.
- Create small groups – Divide your list into segments so that you can target relevant audiences based on your email content. Plus, it will keep your overall mailing list organic and relevant to your business. When you use an email marketing software such as Cakemail for importing new contacts, it will guide you to manage permissions and can help protect you from getting complaints.
Final thoughts on resuming your business with email marketing
Finally, here we are! Depending upon the method and approach you use to evolve your email marketing structure, here’s a wrap-up for those who want to nail their marketing campaigns at the right time.
- Be mindful of the frequency and volume of your emails on a weekly basis. It will help you stay realistic about your goals and be inclined towards improving them. Sending a few valuable emails can generate more business, especially when you solve the issues of your customers.
- Measure your success in the real matrix, whether it’s customer engagement, inbox rates, sender reputation, unsubscribe rates, and complaints. It allows you to make small changes to your marketing campaign and measure the results accordingly.
- As discussed above, making small changes from time to time helps you evolve according to the dynamic of today’s market. The volume, frequency, or content of your emails needs to be enhanced and personalized according to your specific audience.
- Always consider your customers’ opinions and develop your further strategy according to their engagement. Providing solutions to a problem should be relevant to your customers so that they can relate themselves to the message and engage further to consider your products and services.
- Focus on your emails’ tone as it needs to be simple and genuine. Also, make sure to check the triggered and automated messages.
- Keep track of your more active clients and those who remained in-active throughout the marketing campaigns. It will give you the insight to strategize your marketing plan or maybe a chance to convert those potentially “dead” leads.
We hope this guide on how to restart your business with email marketing helped you in every way possible. Remember that executing an unsuccessful action is way better than taking no action because you never know what or who that email might lead to.